1. In testing a hypothesis about two population means, if the t distribution is used, which assumptions are required?
2. The t test for the difference between the means of two samples makes what assumption?
3. If you test for the difference between the means of two related samples, there are how many degrees of freedom, using the “conservative” approach discussed in the CO of this section?
4. Given a contingency or two-way table, calculate a, percentages; b. conditional probabilities; c. marginal probabilities; d. probabilities of the occurrence of individual or compound events
5. What is the null hypothesis in a CHI SQUARE TEST OF INDEPENDENCE?
6. In a CHI SQUARE TEST OF INDEPENDENCE, is the Expected Count the experimental value or the theoretical value? The Observed count?
7. What are the characteristics of a Chi-Square Distribution?
8. In a two-way or contingency table, how you do find the the grand total?
9. In a CHI SQUARE TEST OF INDEPENDENCE, how do we calculate the degrees of freedom?
10. What are the Guidelines for Using the Chi-Square test? (See the CO for CHI SQUARE TEST OF INDEPENDENCE)
11. What are the assumptions necessary for a Least Squares (Linear) Regression model?
12. What is the test statistic used for a Regression test? What degrees of freedom does this have?
13. Interpret the slope and y-intercept of the Least-Squares regression line. Apply this to practical situations.
14. Calculate and interpret residuals.
15. Interpret Linear Regression output, write the linear equation of the regression line and use it to predict a y for a given value of x.
16. Interpret the coefficient of determination and be able to calculate it, given the correlation coefficient, or vice versa.
17. For a Linear Regression, what is the null hypothesis?
18. What are we testing in an ANOVA? What does ANOVA stand for? What is a factor?
19. In an ANOVA table, describe what is in the Source of Variation column. In an ANOVA table, describe what is in the Sum of Squares column. 20. How are the ‘between treatment’ and the error (or residual) values related to each other?
21.. What are the assumptions that should be satisfied before running an ANOVA test?
22. In an ANOVA table, describe what is in the Degrees of Freedom column. How are these calculated? How are the degrees of freedom for the ‘between treatment’ and the error (or residual) values related to each other?
23. In an ANOVA table, describe what is in the Mean Squares column. How are these values calculated?
24. What is the name of the test statistic that results from ANOVA? The F-statistic tests what ratio?
25. What is the null hypothesis for the one-way ANOVA?
26. What does ANOVA calculate?