I’m studying for my Philosophy class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
The Psalms are one of the most popular sections of the Bible to read and meditate upon. Each Psalm is unique, and there are many authors. While that it true, the Psalms are also organized into five “books” and developed as different kinds of Psalms.
This assignment allows you to explore the Psalms and study one in depth.
- Read Dr. P. Long notes on “Worship in the Psalms.”
- Read Introductions and the Global Message articles in the ESV Global Study Bible notes for the following books (How to Navigate the ESV Website ):
- Follow these guidelines to complete this assignment:
- After reading “Worship in the Psalms” by P. Long, choose one song to analyze. The Psalm must be at least 10 verses long.
- Write a 1-2 page analysis using the following prompts:
- What type of Psalm are you studying (from the categories in the Notes)?
- How do you know it’s this kind of Psalm?
- What are the specific features of this type of Psalm, and how are they demonstrating specifically in the Psalm you chose?
Support your work with scholarly academic resources, textbooks, or other sources provided. Use of APA format is required.
Click on “FOUR: Psalms Assignment” above to submit your assignment.