Week 7 Assignment: Compile a Cyber Investigation and Buffer Overflow Responses Hide Folder InformationTurnitin®
This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin®.Instructions
Using your reading and the Internet, provide a one-page response detailing the relevance of physical security in the cybersecurity arena. Write a few short paragraphs and feel free to use bullets.
Part 1: Compile Cyber Investigation Guidelines (3 points)
Using your reading and the Internet, provide a response detailing the chain of custody considerations to enable you to collect evidence that will useful for a legal prosecution. Write short paragraphs guiding IT employees regarding the need to protect evidence and how you need to establish an acceptable chain of custody. Length, 1.5 to 2.5 pages as a Word document, not including the title page and the reference page.
Part 2: Compile a Review of a Specific Buffer Overflow Attack (10 points)
Research a specific buffer overflow attack technique of your choice. This should be a technique that has been actively exploited in the past five years or is still a current threat. Prepare a presentation on the attack. The intended audience is a bachelor’s level cybersecurity course where you are to deliver a guest lecture.
Your presentation should include at least the following information:
- Explain the conditions that make systems vulnerable to this particular attack.
- Indicate how the attack works and how it is executed.
- Provide a graphical depiction (e.g., flowchart, diagram, video) of the attack in action and how it works.
- Identify examples of how the attack has been exploited in the past (e.g., news stories, software security vulnerability alerts).
- Recommend techniques for shielding against the attack or mitigating its effects.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists. Use keywords on the slides, not long bullets, and no sentences. The Notes under the slides should have 100 to 150 words, including citations. Provide 10 to 14 slides not counting the title page and references page.
Support your presentation with at least 3 scholarly resources. Industry literature should also be used as appropriate.
Additional submission requirement (choose one):
- Record narrations within your PowerPoint presentation and submit the file that includes the narrations.
- Deliver the presentation via screen capture, upload the video to a sharing site (e.g., Jing or Microsoft Mix, etc.), and submit the PowerPoint presentation and a link to where your delivery video can be viewed.
- Deliver the presentation in person and record a video of yourself (e.g., camera with tripod), upload the video to a sharing site (e.g., Jing, Microsoft Mix, etc.), and submit the PowerPoint presentation and a link to where your delivery video can be viewed.
Your response should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should APA citations and references. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button. Upload your presentation and a further Word file should you need to provide a link, clicking the Submit to Dropbox button where needed.