In this second assignment, you are required to develop your personal website from scratch, based on the design
document that you created in Assignment 1. You should avoid the mistakes made by the competition from your
competitive analysis. The requirements for building the website are listed further below.
Timelines and Expectations
Percentage Value of Task: 20%
Due: Week 11, Friday 5pm
Minimum time expectation: 20 hours
Learning Outcomes Assessed
The following course learning outcomes are assessed by completing this assessment:
• Recognise the importance of user analysis, content organisation, interface design, interface
usability and the accessibility issues associated with multimedia and web design;
• Identify, explain and apply the design principles that underlie good multimedia and webpage
design, from both a visual & content design perspective.
• Demonstrate the appropriate use of visual and content design tools, and multimedia and web
• Develop a sophisticated web site from scratch, using information gathering and design
• Select appropriate design principles to design multimedia products and web pages that are align
with project expectations;
• Operate appropriate software packages to build multimedia products and web pages that are
align with project expectations.
• Appreciate ethical behaviour in relation to multimedia and web page design, in particular issues
related to copyright.