• You are required to prepare a business letter to answer all of the following questions.
• You are also required to prepare a short video presentation (3 to 5 mins) summarizing the
key issues you have addressed in your letter.
Assume that you are a team of graduate accountants working for Pitcher Group Ltd, a public
accounting firm Situated at 346 Gregory Avenue, Melbourne, VIC 3000. The Manager of your
firm, Ms. Michelle Pitcher has asked you to draft a letter in response to an email received from a
client – Mr. Andrew Dixon, the Managing Director of Dixon Ltd, raising several accounting issues
– see the copy of the email on the next page.
The maximum length for the body of the letter is 1,000 words. You should address all the
technical issues/discussion in the letter, followed by a Reference List.
• Part A: Technical component 10% – This mark covers the technical content of your advice
and the explanation on each of the issues, the calculations, and the sources used.
• Part B: Communication Skills – Letter Writing 5% – This mark covers the generic skills of
Letter writing; layout, clear meaning, structure and organisation, appropriate tone and
grammar, spelling, and punctuation, etc. throughout the whole assignment.
• Part C: Communication Skills – Video Presentation 5% – You have to prepare a 3-5 minute
video presentation that will keep the audience engaged; the presentation should be wellrehearsed and supplementary material, such as slides and visual aids must be of a