Evaluate the complex role of globalisation
Analyse the roles of ethics and social responsibility in the business environment.
Before starting this assessment read the information and marking criteria set out below. Please also review the rubric for this assessment which is downloadable from the Moodle site.
The purpose of this assessment item is to assess your ability to:
- Prepare and deliver a PowerPoint presentation; and
- Write a reflective essay that requires analysis and evaluation, and which will involve drawing on and referencing scholarly sources.
The purpose is also to develop your skills in analytical and critical thinking, information literacy and communication to an intermediate level. Other graduate attributes such as problem solving, information technology competence, cross cultural competence and ethical practice will be assessed at an introductory level.
Description – Assessment 3A: PowerPoint presentation (25%)
Your narrated PowerPoint presentation (10 slides in total), with elaborated discussion embedded in the notes section, is to be based on the mini-case of clothing retailer H&M, provided in the eReading list and in Moodle. Your presentation to the Board of Directors of H&M should address the following:
- Summarise the key customer experience provided by H&M (Slide One and one slide only);
- Identify and discuss the salient global challenges facing the company’s Directors;
- The potential impact on the company’s business operations;
- Leadership initiatives that company management might consider in motivating their staff to innovatively solve the challenges.
Your 15-minute narrated PPT Presentation must not exceed 10 slides.
Your 15-minute presentation should be narrated using your voice and the audio/video recording tools in PowerPoint. The Academic Learning Centre has tools and resources for students who are unfamiliar with the MS PowerPoint program.
The link to your cloud storage recording of your presentation is to be uploaded in a Word Document (.doc or .docx) to Moodle by 5:00PM 4 June 2020.
Description – Assessment 3B: Reflective Essay (15%)
This part of the assessment task asks you to reflect on how your initial assumptions about managing global business operations changed as you critically analysed the issues of ethics, social responsibility and sustainability that need to be considered by the Directors of H&M. What aspects of the unit were most salient in shaping your final perspective? How has critical thinking shaped your recommendations to the company Directors?
Your Reflective Essay of 500-words should use at least eight (8) peer-reviewed academic papers, and referenced using the current APA Referencing Style Guide