With all of your new found knowledge of Business Law, your community has called upon you to provide a presentation to educate your community about identity theft and ways to prevent it. For this week’s assignment, you will be creating a PowerPoint presentation entitled: Identity Theft: What is it and how can I prevent it?
In your presentation you will address the following questions with applicable answers and information:
- What is Identity Theft?
- How is this type of theft committed?
- Why should consumers and businesses owners be aware of this type of crime?
- How does this type of crime affect its victims?
- What should one do if they become a victim of this type of crime?
- What are some prevention types to avoid this type of crime? (You should provide 5-7 prevention tips with brief explanations as to how they work)
- What are available resources for further education about this type of crime? (Provide 6-8 resources, they can be consumer groups, articles, websites, etc.)
Your presentation should be a minimum of 12 slides, which includes the title slide and a reference slide at the conclusion with all of your citations for the information that you used throughout the presentation. You will need to provide research in the body of the presentation by using in text citations.
Feel free to be as creative as you want. Use photos, charts, or even embed videos, just make sure that you are clearly conveying your message on your slides.
General PowerPoint Tips
- Graphics and Design
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint document. The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: