A researcher claims that more than 75% of the adults believe in global warming. Ryan conducted a survey on a random sample of 200 adults. The survey showed that 155 adults in the sample believe in global warming. Assume Ryan wants to use a 0.05 significance level to test the researcher’s claim.
1) What is the appropriate hypothesis test to use for this analysis? Please identify and explain why it is appropriate.
2) Identify the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis.
3) Determine the test statistic. Round your answer to two decimal places. Describe method used for obtaining the test statistic
4) Determine the p-value. Round your answer to three decimal places. Describe method used for obtaining the p-value
5) Compare p-value and significance level α. What decision should be made regarding the null hypothesis (e.g., reject or fail to reject)
6) Is there sufficient evidence to support the researcher’s claim that more than 75% of the adults believe in global warming?