COM 315 Decision Support Systems
Module 4 Discussion
1. Explain how a change in resource availability can affect the optimal solution of a problem.
2. Explain how a change in an objective function coefficient can affect the optimal solution of a problem.
3. What is a sensitivity report? How is it used?
4. How do we detect the presence of alternative optimal solutions from a Solver Sensitivity Report?
5. What is the shadow price? Give an example. Why would a firm find information regarding the shadow price of a resource useful?
6. Explain binding and non-binding constraints. How can you tell in the sensitivity report that a constraint is binding.
When all of the above have been selected, please review text chapter/section(s) assigned for module 4 to select a topic that has not been discussed.