COM 315 Decision Support Systems
Module 5 Discussion
1. Explain the difference between a balanced transportation model and an unbalanced transportation model. How does the fact that a model is balanced or unbalanced affect the constraints of the model?
2. Explain the difference in the approaches in solving balanced and unbalanced transportation problems.
3. What is the enumeration approach to solving assignment models? Is it a practical way to solve 5 row x 5 column models? Why?
4. What is the minimum-spanning tree model? What types of problems can be solved using this type of model?
5. What is the maximal-flow model? What types of problems can be solved using this type of model?
6. What is a shortest path model? What type of problem can be solved using this type of model?
7. What is a flow balance constraint? How is it implemented at each node in a network?
When all above topics selected, then please select a topic (that has not be discussed) to discuss from section assigned for module 5.