I need support with this Software Development question so I can learn better.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research the following:
- Advances in Ethernet technology
- Internetworking Operating System (iOS) and routers
Based on your research and understanding, answer the following discussion questions:
Ethernet has proven to be a viable networking technology. It will continue to be a key player in networking in years to come.
- Why is it so?
- What are the latest advances in Ethernet?
- What is meant by an Ethernet switch?
- How does Ethernet also play a role in wireless technologies?
Routers are computing devices which need their own operating system (OS) to function. Some vendors refer to this OS as the iOS.
- What are the key roles of the iOS?
- On the other hand, routers must have interfaces. Why must each interface belong to a different network?
Why are some routers more expensive than others?