I don’t know how to handle this History question and need guidance.
After learning who identifies as Asian Americans and a little more about this group I want you to reflect on our ongoing question for this semester is: Do we need solidarity among movements to bring change? Think about that and the information I presented to you when you read the following article:
- www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/asian-american-pandemic-violence/2020/07/17/58e50f30-c6bb-11ea-a99f-3bbdffb1af38_story.html (Links to an external site.)
- Your post should be no more than 500 words and answer these questions:
- What would you ask her? Are you comfortable for her reasons to become involved?
- Should the Asian American community stay invisible? Why risk activism?At what cost of benefit?
- Respond to at least two other classmates’ posts** Please review the rubric to maximize your points for this assignment:
The murder of Vincent Chin is considered the beginning of the emergence of the Asian American political consciousness and movement for action. For this assignment you will need to watch several videos as the original documentary has been broken up into sections. Please take notes as you will need information to answer the questions below and some information may be asked in the quiz that will finish this unit.
- The Environment and Aftermath:
Relevance to todayhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKSq8iuNHsk&list=PL3F74C2EF67CCECD1
After watching the above videos; complete this worksheet using specific examples from the videos.