- B) Community Health Nursing Diagnosis Statement
Increased risk of (identification of health problem or risk) among (affected aggregate or community) related to (etiological to causal statement) as demonstrated by (evidence or support for diagnosis).
Community Health Nursing Diagnosis: Social Isolation of the Elderly: Increased risk of social isolation among the elderly population of xyz county (your county or city) related to lack of social activities due to the current pandemic as demonstrated by above average depression rates among the elderly.
This statement clearly identifies the population of interest and the problem, but also gives clues to potential experience activities: Would more interactive activities available on social media be a solution? Or are there safe methods for the elderly to attend activities in the community? Is there adequate bus or transportation for the elderly?
Please use something like this for a nursing diagnosis statement:
The increasing number of Covid 19 infections among the elderly population. R/T cognitive decline and higher risk for contacting Covid 19. As demonstrated by increasing cases of Covid 19 in Orange County.
- Section 2.1 in your course material for assessment of the primary prevention topic.
(B1) Health Inequity/Disparity
For the section on Health Inequities, you will identify imbalances of service within your community and provide data to support these imbalances or inequities. Think about your general population and populations at risk related to your health concern. For example, from your Field Experience did you identify any vulnerable populations of the community who were at a disadvantage for services? Was insurance, access to services, income, location, lack of understanding contributes to some individuals not receiving higher levels of resources? You will back up your findings with data from your community. The data can include statistics supporting poverty levels, transportation services, insurance or lack of insurance, organizations available to community members, etc.……
(B1a) Primary community and Prevention Resources
In this section you will discuss the significant resources you found in your community during the field experience to support prevention/promotion of the health concern.
- Lesson 2.4 in Course Material
- Stanhope & Lancaster textbook, Chapter 12
(B1b) Underlying Causes
Accurately and logically discuss the underlying causes that contribute to the selected primary health concern. (This may be similar from the information you included in section B1).
- Clark textbook, Let’s Help with this paper (homeworkcorp.com/order) 244
(B2) Evidence-Based Practice
Logically and appropriately include evidence-based practice article(s) relevant to the selected primary prevention field experience topic. Look for 1 or more articles that provide evidence for strategies, best practices, or guidelines that have been used to improve the problem within communities
- Resources to help to complete this section can be found in Lesson 4.1 in Course Material.
- Healthy People, click on your topic under Topics & Objectives, then click on Tools & Resources. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives
- WGU library for peer-reviewed scholarly article(s) concerning your primary prevention topic, (see Stanhope and Lancaster textbook Chapter 10, and Clark textbook Chapter 5) [Use CDC website as alternative to WGU library for peer-reviewed articles]
This is not a section to discuss the reason for the problem in your community. Instead you should discuss the best practices (EBP) for prevention/promotion of the health concern. Discuss and in-text cite and reference scholarly journal article(s) to support the practices for the primary prevention topic.
(B2a) Identification of Data
In this section include relevant data relating to selected field experience topic at the local, state, or national level and discuss your findings. This should include supportive data that your prevention topic is a true problem in your community. (My community is Orange County, CA – please research this County!)
*Prior to developing your social media campaign, we recommend reviewing lesson 5.2 in course material, the CDC Social Media Toolkit, CDCynergy (found in the task overview tab of the assessment Let’s Help with this paper (homeworkcorp.com/order) , look at the bottom of task directions) and (Introduction to Program Evaluation for Public Health Programs: A self-Study Guide, lesson 6.2).
- Lesson 2.1 in Course Material for data resources
For paper writer – lesson 6.2 and links are as follows:
Evaluating your Social Media Campaign
Evaluating outcomes and revising practice are essential components of the nursing process. When developing your evaluation plan for your social media campaign, remember to consider how you will measure the following:
- Was the appropriate intervention done ineffectively or effectively? Was the appropriate intervention done ineffectively or effectively?
- Were the objectives sensitive enough to measure change?
- Was an inappropriate intervention used?
- Has the health problem been resolved or the risk reduced?
The post Identify imbalances of service within your community and provide data to support these imbalances or inequities. appeared first on Essay Lane.