NUSC 468 BASIC STATISTICAL ANALYSIS FALL 2018
ASSIGNMENT 2 (20 points)
Directions: Answer all questions and show your work for all calculations. Use whatever method you want (manual or excel) to construct your frequency table and for your calculations but show your table and your work as appropriate. You must submit your answers in class on 9/26/18 and no late submissions will be accepted.
Your English professor gave a test to all the students enrolled in the English 101 class and the following are their scores: 1, 0, 4, 6, 0, 7, 2, 6, 0, 0, 6, and 6. Use these scores to answer the following questions.
1. Is this a population or a sample?
2. What is the population or sample size?
3. Calculate the mode, median and mean of the data set
4. Construct a frequency table to show
I. The frequency
II. Relative frequency
III. Cumulative relative frequency
5. What proportion of the students scored above the mean?
6. Calculate the Range
7. Calculate the variance
8. Calculate the standard deviation
9. Convert every score into a Z score and show the Z score for each raw score.
10. Interpret each Z score.