Goal: To provide you the opportunity to satisfy these course objectives:
Articulating and describing key concepts, ideas and arguments
Critically analyzing and criticizing various arguments for soundness and validity
Present a thoughtful, interesting, and well structured paper.
Write a 4-5 page paper .
- In this well known Youtube clip of a UCLA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQR01qltgo8) expressing agitation at the perceived rudeness of Asian students in the main library, we see a number of themes that are present in our discussion of the experiences and outcomes of minority groups. Read Marger’s discussion of Asian Americans and provide a critique of the claims and assertions made of the student in light of what Marger says about the history and experiences of Asians.
This is a critical assignment. By that I mean that you are not just describing some view or views, but you are to clearly and precisely present a view and provide a critical discussion of that view. Your paper should have two components: a component where you lay out Dawson’s view. Then
You will give me two separate documents, a cover sheet and the body of the paper.
Your cover sheet must have at least these features:
- Student identification number
- Title of the paper
- Double Space
In addition to having the prose in which you answer the above question, the body of the paper must follow these guidelines
- Student identification number only! Not your name
- Pages numbered
- Twelve point font and one inch margins on all sides (I do check!)
- Pages attached to one another (via staple or paper clip. Do not attach them to the cover sheet!)