You are to provide a 7,500 word Research Plan that elaborates on a legal problem or question, the existing literature on that problem/question and how you are going to address the problem/question.
It would be expected that Research Plans comprise the following components:
- Abstract: 100-200 words summarising the findings of your paper.
- Introduction/Research Statement: includes the research claim and question/problem you are trying to address.
- Literature Review: Explains what other people have said about your area.
- Research Methodology: How are you addressing the problem/question? Is it doctrinal? Comparative? Theoretical?
- Tentative Argument and Conclusion: Give an idea of the type of arguments you would pursue, and what you think your conclusions are going to be if you had more time to develop the argument.