I’m studying for my Computer Science class and need an explanation.
The Internet empowers enhanced communication on global, national, and local levels. With all of the positive aspects, by its very design the Internet is very difficult to control and over time various societal and legal issues have arisen. For this week’s discussion:
Select an Internet controversy and discuss why this issue is significant to society. It will be necessary to research the issue before writing. Feel free to take a position on the issue and include arguments to make your point.
Here are some example topics (feel free to select something different from this list):
- Bandwidth Caps
- Net Neutrality
- Google Books®/Copyrights
- Fake News
Follow these guidelines below when completing this activity.
- Your initial reply should be 2-3 paragraphs in length (about 200-250 words).
- Read your classmates’ replies and expand on the ideas of at least two of their posts.
- Feel free to challenge ideas if you disagree.
- Post your initial reply and responses in the rich content editor.
- Use the attachment tool when providing documentation that supports your reply in the rich content editor.