What are the controls for threats to external validity; are they appropriate?
Do the following:
1. Go to the Survey System Calculator (Links to an external site.) from this hyperlink and calculate a sample size for a survey you would like to give at your work or clinical site. Be creative. You may need to look up words like Confidence Interval (Links to an external site.) (CI); however the most common CIs are 1, 3, 5, and 10.
2. Write about your proposed survey. Include title, purpose, number of items, and how you calculated your sample size.
¢ Survey System Calculator link
¢ Cofidence interval link
Use chapter 12, 14 & 16 from this textbook:
LoBiondo-Wood, G. & Haber, J. (2014). Nursing research: Methods and critical appraisal for evidenced- based practice (8th ed.), St. Louis: Mosby.
Access to the textbook: https://play.google.com/books
User name: firstname.lastname@example.org
¢ Read and critique the Jones article, highlighting and/or writing in the margins of the article using the Critical Appraisal Questions (Chapter 18, pages 367- 369 of textbook provided above) to guide your critique.
¢ Answer two (2) of the questions below:
1. Were inferential statistics used in the study; were they appropriate to the level of measurement of the variables?
2. Does a theoretical /conceptual framework or model guide the research study? What is the name of the framework and author of the framework?
3. What are the controls for threats to internal validity; are they appropriate?
4. How was data collected? If questionnaires were used, were reliability and validity reported?
5. What are the controls for threats to external validity; are they appropriate?